Whitsunday Regional Council is offering a 21,360m2 parcel to experienced, financially capable entities to enable delivery of development that is commercially viable and benefits the region. 45 – 47 Waterson Way has road frontage of 268 metres and has a past (lapsed) approval for 210 Multiple Dwelling Units and Serviced Apartments with complementary facilities.
The property is now offered with:
• A central location adjacent to Airlie Beach Town Centre;
• A Commercially zoned site; and
• A consideration of terms that enable delivery of beneficial development forms for the development and for the region.
|Outline of Offer||Whitsunday Regional Council invites experienced development groups to utilise a strategic parcel of land in the heart of Airlie Beach for viable development forms that enhance the economic diversity of the Airlie Beach Town Centre and create new employment for the Whitsunday region.|
|Property Address||45 to 71 Waterson Way, Airlie Beach, QLD 4802|
|Property Title||Lot 332 SP 152089, County of Herbert, Parish of Conway - Certificate of Title 50469770|
|Property Area||21,360 m²|
|Property Description||Lot 332 is a large, easy sloping parcel with a long frontage to Waterson Way, situated immediately adjacent to the Airlie Beach Town Centre. Airlie Creek forms the western boundary, while the newly completed Woolworths Supermarket is opposite the northern boundary.|
|Tender Objectives||The Whitsunday Regional Council are focused on achieving development on this parcel that:
• Can demonstrate a sustainable increase in the number of full-time employment positions in the Whitsunday region as a consequence of the development of this parcel – a minimum of 50 full-time equivalent employment positions is preferred.
• Can demonstrate an enhancement in the profile of the Airlie Beach Town Centre and the economic diversity within this environ.
• Can demonstrate a beneficial association with adjoining parcels that can bring forward new development of the wider precinct between Shute Harbour Road and Waterson Way.
|Local Authority||Whitsunday Regional Council|